LONDON - Actress Meghan Markle issued a statement early Thursday confirming that her father will not be attending her wedding to Britain’s Prince Harry on Saturday.
“Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding,” Kensington Palace tweeted. “I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.”
- Everything you need to know about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle
- Watch out for Prince George, Princess Charlotte at the royal wedding
- Who will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle?
- Chicago bishop to give address at Royal Wedding
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle seek charity donations over wedding gifts
- Signed and sealed: Queen gives consent to Harry's marriage
The statement continued: “I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”
A statement from Ms. Meghan Markle: pic.twitter.com/TjBNarmuBU— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 17, 2018
© 2018 Cox Media Group.