ATLANTA - Atlanta Fire Rescue said a smoking electrical panel prompted them to evacuate a downtown high-rise.
The Peachtree Summit Federal Building at Ivan Allen Boulevard and West Peachtree Street was evacuated Friday afternoon as crews investigated a reported electrical fire.
An electrical panel in the basement shorted out and burned up, filling the basement with smoke, according to fire investigators. No smoke was visible outside the building.
- The memorable first time Anthony Bourdain visited Waffle House
- 1.6 million Georgians could see their car insurance rates go down
- Man arrested in double murder of teen girl, father of 4
Officials said a few people suffered minor injuries during the evacuation. A woman was taken to a hospital for asthma issues.
The fire was contained around 2:30 p.m.
*ALERT* @ATLFireRescue on scene at Peachtree Summit Federal Building. 401 Peachtree St. Evacuation in progress due to possible electrical #fire. Full high-rise assignment on scene investigating. #IvanAllen pic.twitter.com/RPpo6makCz— Atlanta Fire Rescue (@ATLFireRescue) June 8, 2018
© 2019 Cox Media Group.