Investigators told Channel 2 Action News faulty equipment may be to blame for an explosion at a Cobb County home.
According to officials, the explosion was so powerful, it blew the home off of its foundation in the 800 block of Powers Ferry Road.
“I was just resting, you know, and all of the sudden, my entire house just shook,” said neighbor Henry Burvano. He was one of the first people to see the extensive damage in person.
“As soon as I came out, half of the house was pretty much filled with smoke. Two people were asking for help," he said.
Those two people were workers who were in the home trying to fix a water leak.
“Evidentially, they had a faulty (piece of) equipment. The torch they were using, the line started leaking. We’re not sure if it was propane or some kind of other gas," said Capt. Dan Dupree, with the Cobb County Fire Department.
They were taken to the hospital with minor burns and are expected to be OK.
Investigators said the home was for sale and no one was living in it.
- Georgia woman sues after spending 3 months in jail for possessing cotton candy
- Text messages reveal weeks before Colorado man murdered pregnant wife, daughters
- Georgia up to No. 4 in polls; Michigan loss leaves playoff ranking spot open
© 2019 Cox Media Group.