• Student hospitalized after vaping in class

    By: Steve Gehlbach

    Updated:

    NORTH FULTON COUNTY, Ga. - Police say a student went to the hospital after vaping in school.

    Despite a crackdown, children and teenagers are still getting their hands on the devices.

    What makes things worse is that they are easy to hide.

    [READ: Vaping/E-Cigarettes: What You Need To Know]

    Alpharetta police say a student at Kings Ridge Christian School collapsed last Thursday.

    Police say the student's friends said they bought Green Mist at a Milton vape shop.

    Medics took the sick teen to the hospital.

    The school has not commented on the incident.

    Police, concerned about the trend among teens, say when questioned, the student’s friends admitted they had purchased a product called Green Mist at Vapor King in north Fulton County.

    "People don't really know what's in this stuff or what they're ingesting into their bodies so there's certainly a concern. Now, we've got a kid who smoked this stuff and became unconscious at school,” Howard Miller with Atlanta police said.


    RELATED STORIES:


    Channel 2 Action News caught up with recent graduates who say they saw a classmate at Cambridge High School get sick from vaping last year.

    “He actually completely flatlined and they had to use the defibrillators on him in school," one student said.

    "Definitely watch your kids and see what they're doing," Miller said.

    A clerk says they stopped selling the green mist additive after complaints about side effects.

    Milton officials tell Channel 2 Action News the city cited an employee last year for selling to an underage customer.

    Police said no one in this recent case will face any charges.

    [READ: Kids as young as 11 are vaping, officials say]

    Next Up: