ATLANTA — The Atlanta Hawks unveiled their new City Edition Uniform that pays homage to the Georgia state fruit, the peach.
The team describes the colors as sunset haze and infinity black. The jerseys will make their first appearance on Thursday as the Hawks host the Philadelphia 76ers at 7:30 p.m.
“The Hawks’ Peach 2022-23 Nike NBA City Edition uniform is a nod to our city’s roots as a cultural trendsetter,” said Hawks Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Melissa Proctor. “We are grateful to the fans for the support of the Hawks this season, and we’re honored to have this uniform represent our great city and the state of Georgia.”
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The new jerseys call back to the original Peachtree city jerseys the team wore several years that were very popular.
The traditional trim from the jersey extends to the striping on the shorts. The intersection of the peach and the basketball are represented on the midpoint of the uniform at the belt buckle.
The team says the jerseys also recognize when the sport was first played with peach baskets for hoops, with peaches being at the root of basketball history.
When the team wears these jerseys, they will pair them with an alternate court that has a peach emblem on the court.
- Nets make Jacque Vaughn coach, decide against Udoka pursuit
- Fake LeBron, Schefter accounts among those tweeting non-news
- Young sits, but Murray, Hawks hand Bucks 1st loss of season
The team will wear their new jerseys in the following games:
• Thursday, Nov. 10 vs. the Philadelphia 76ers
• Wednesday, Nov. 23 vs. the Sacramento Kings
• Sunday, Nov. 27, vs. the Miami Heat
• Monday, Dec. 19, vs. the Orlando Magic
• Wednesday, Dec. 28, vs. the Brooklyn Nets
• Friday, Dec. 30, vs. the Los Angeles Lakers
• Monday, Jan. 16, 2023, vs. the Miami Heat
• Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023, vs. the Los Angeles Clippers
• Friday, March 17, 2023, vs. the Golden State Warriors
• Sunday, April 2, 2023, vs. the Dallas Mavericks
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group