MINNEAPOLIS — Target Corp. issued a recall Wednesday for a popular infant romper, citing a potential choking risk.
According to the recall notice, published by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Minneapolis-based retailer is recalling Cat & Jack “Baby Heart Ear Rompers” because the heart-shaped graphics found on the rompers’ knees can peel off or detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
The retailer has received 40 reports to date of the hearts peeling or detaching, including one report of a child choking, Target confirmed.
An estimated 44,350 rompers were sold in sizes newborn to 24 months at Target stores nationwide and online at Target.com between November 2020 and February 2021 for about $13 each.
The affected rompers feature gray knit fabric with red trim on the wrists, ankles and pockets; red hearts on the knees and the hood; red and white-striped lining inside the hood; and snaps on the legs, the recall stated.
Rompers with the following product item numbers are included in the recall:
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – Newborn: 206-09-6476
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 0-3 months: 206-09-6477
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 3-6 months: 206-09-6478
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 6-9 months: 206-09-6479
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 12 months: 206-09-6480
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 18 months: 206-09-6481
• Cat & Jack Baby Heart Ears Romper – 24 months: 206-09-6482
The product item number is printed on the white tag inside of the romper.
Consumers are advised to take the rompers away from children and return them to any Target store for a full refund. Consumers who purchased the romper on Target.com can contact the company to receive a prepaid return label to return the romper.
Consumers can contact Target at 800-440-0680 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT daily, or online at www.target.com and click on “Recalls” at the bottom of the page, then on “Clothing” for more information. Consumers can also click the “Product Recalls” tab on Target’s Facebook page for more information.