ATLANTA - Now is your chance to start a great career at MARTA as a part-time bus or Mobility (paratransit) operator. MARTA will host a job fair Saturday, July 19, 2014, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at MARTA Headquarters, 2424 Piedmont Road N.E., Atlanta, Ga., to identify responsible, customer-focused individuals to join our team.
All applicants are asked to bring the following documents:
· An original motor vehicle report covering the last seven years
· A high school diploma or equivalent
· Documents verifying eligibility to work in the U.S. (birth certificate, Social Security card, or U.S. passport)
· A resume with a valid telephone and email address
Bus Operator applicants should bring:
· A valid Class "A" or "B" GA Commercial Driver's License or GA CDL permit with passenger-endorsed "P"
Mobility Operator applicants should bring:
· Valid GA Class "C" driver's license
Bus operator applicants should have no more than one moving violation within the 24 months; Mobility applicants should have no more than three moving violations within 24 months.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and are required to pass all pre-employment background screenings, which include a customer service test, a physical exam and a drug and alcohol test. Required customer service assessments will be offered at 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Applicants will have the opportunity to speak with MARTA Human Resources personnel about open positions and career advancement opportunities.
Professional/business attire is required at the job fair.
Employment candidates are encouraged to take the MARTA Red or Gold Line to the Lindbergh Station.
For more information or questions about the job fair, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 404-848-5544.