Clayton school employee arrested in alleged cover-up of sexual misconduct at shelter for abused kids

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — Clayton County police said an employee of the county’s school district has been arrested for her part in a cover-up of sexual misconduct at a shelter for troubled teens.

Police said 35-year-old Felecia Campbell was a manager at the Rainbow House in Jonesboro. The shelter bills itself as a non-profit emergency shelter and advocacy center.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

Earlier this week, Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Mark Winne reported that the shelter’s director, her son and another employee were arrested on child molestation charges after police said 25-year-old Caleb Randolph had engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with at a 15-year-old girl at the facility.

His mother, Mia Kimber, and another employee, Monica Jones, were arrested because police said they had direct knowledge of the situation and failed to take corrective action.

Channel 2′s Audrey Washington was in Clayton County Friday, where police said that they conducted numerous interviews with other employees. Police said that during Campbell’s interview, she said she didn’t have knowledge of the sexual misconduct.


Investigators searched her office and found files containing incident reports made by the staff members and juveniles that had her signature on them.

Campbell was arrested on Friday and charged with mandated reporter (failure to report).

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

Campbell was arrested at Lovejoy High School. Police did not say how she is employed at the school.

Investigators told Washington that the unraveling of the case was like a Netflix series.

“This is one of the worst cases I’ve seen,” St. Michelle Alston with the Clayton County police department said. “It was like watching a Netflix series unroll before our eyes.”

Alston said that two more victims have been identified and more potential victims are coming forward.

Campbell’s attorney said police acted too hastily in arresting her.

“It’s a remorseful day when law enforcement does not have time to meet with citizens,” the lawyer said.

Alston said police gave Campbell ample time to come in and speak with detectives.

All the minors involved are now safe and out of the Rainbow House. All four suspects have been fired.