• 4 kids, 2 adults treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at DeKalb complex


    DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - Channel 2 Action News has learned six people, including four children, are recovering after carbon monoxide poisoning at a Stone Mountain apartment complex.

    Hazmat crews were dispatched Sunday afternoon to the Marquis Bridge Apartments at 1607 Summerview Drive.

    A mother called authorities and said her 9-year-old was not feeling well.

    Her call prompted fire crews to evacuate eight units while hazmat crews conducted readings throughout the complex. They found carbon monoxide levels at 22 parts per million and higher.

    According to the Environmental Protection Agency's website, an average level would be .5 parts per million.

    It is unclear how long it will take maintenance to fix the problem authorities believe started with a water heater in one of the units.

    Tay Jones lives in a downstairs unit. He said his door was kicked in when he got home work Sunday morning. Jones told Channel 2's Liz Artz he didn't know why management and didn't give an explanation for it.

    Another tenant called the situation scary, sharing that she almost lost her father to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    A 9-year-old and a 6-month-old were among the kids who were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. Two adults were also treated. All of the victims were transported to area hospitals.

    They are expected to be OK.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    4 kids, 2 adults treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at DeKalb complex

  • Headline Goes Here

    Uber Eats delivery driver accused of murder is being assaulted in jail,…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Surveillance video shows masked suspects burning ATMs

  • Headline Goes Here

    Ex-mayor Kasim Reed doles out $500k in bonuses, gifts on way out

  • Headline Goes Here

    Child taken when thieves steal cars from daycare center