LOS ANGELES — An autopsy report released Monday revealed that Bobby Brown Jr., son of singer-songwriter Bobby Brown, died from an accidental overdose due to the combined effects of alcohol, cocaine and fentanyl.
Brown Jr. was found unresponsive by his girlfriend in his California home on Nov. 18, and emergency responders declared him dead.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s report referred to the death as an accident and cited Brown Jr.’s history of drug and alcohol use, USA Today reported.
No foul play was suspected.
According to the investigative report, the evening before Brown Jr. died, he consumed tequila with friends and “snorted” both cocaine and Percocet.
The 28-year-old son of Brown and Kim Ward had been pursuing a musical career, the outlet reported.
When news of his son’s death broke, Brown released a statement, obtained by People magazine, asking for prayers for his family.
“Losing my son at this point in our lives has devastated my family. There are no words to explain the pain,” the elder Brown wrote.
The family also stated that Brown Jr. had been experiencing flu-like symptoms at the time of his death but had not tested positive for the coronavirus.
Following Bobby Jr.’s death, his older brother, Landon Brown, shared a black-and-white photo to Instagram, writing in the caption, “I love you forever King,” People reported.
In 2012, Bobby Brown’s ex-wife, Whitney Houston, was found dead at 48 after drowning in a Beverly Hills hotel room bathtub. Coroner’s officials attributed her death to heart disease and cocaine use. Meanwhile, Brown and Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, died three years later at 22 after also being found unconscious in the bathtub of her Georgia home, USA Today reported.