Mom 1 year later: 'I want to know why 76 bullets entered my son's body'

ATLANTA — The family of a man who was shot and killed during an attempted arrest by a U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force is seeking answers in his death.

Jamarion Robinson, 26, was shot and killed one year ago Saturday at an apartment complex in East Point.

Video taken by a witness shows agents bust in the front door, followed by almost three minutes filled with bursts of gunfire.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a handgun was found next to the suspect’s body, but Robinson’s family and their lawyer, Mawuli Davis, say he never fired a shot and question if he could have even been able to hold a gun.


An autopsy report shows Robinson suffered 76 gunshot wounds.

At a news conference Friday, Davis held up graphic crime scene photos showing Robinson’s shot up hands.

“We’re demanding justice,” Monteria Robinson said about her son. “I want to know why 76 bullets entered my son’s body. We’re at his one-year anniversary and we still have no answers.”

The GBI initially investigated the deadly use of force and turned its findings over to the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. But the district attorney, in a statement, said the office is still waiting on more information from the federal agency before it can move forward with its investigation and make a decision in the case on any possible charges.

“The federal marshal service has not complied with their request to turn over information, to make their officers available to be interviewed. So, without that, the investigation is incomplete,” said Davis.

The U.S. Marshal's Northern District of Georgia office told Channel 2 Action News that it fully cooperated with the GBI's investigation, including making the officers involved available for interviews. But it referred us to its home office in Washington, D.C., for information concerning any legal questions about what further information prosecutors still require.

To prompt action, Robinson’s family is asking the community to get involved. They’re planning a rally Saturday on the one-year anniversary of their son's death. They’ll meet at 9:30 a.m. and march to the U.S. federal courthouse in downtown Atlanta. If needed, the family says, their next step will be to contact elected leaders in the U.S. Congress to get a resolution.