CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. - UPDATE: The restaurant has since been reinspected and received a score of 98.
Hand-washing problems were one of several violations that caused a local McDonald’s to fail its health inspection.
The McDonald’s at 7480 Old National Highway got an inspection score of 64.
One customer, who has been going to the McDonald’s since she was a child, couldn’t believe the failed health score.
“I’m totally shocked. I’ve eaten here before growing up. I won’t be eating here again,” she said.
The inspector noted that while the restaurant had running water at the hand sink, there was no soap or paper towels.
Other violations included flies in the kitchen, torn or soiled floors and carpeting and a worker observed using the bathroom then engaging in food prep without washing their hands.
The Greater Atlanta McDonald’s Operators Association told Channel 2’s Carol Sbarge they take these violations very seriously and strive to provide patrons with the best experience.
“Our primary concern is to ensure our customers receive high quality food and service when they visit our restaurants. We immediately addressed the issues identified in the report,” they said.