It will be breezy through Wednesday afternoon across north Georgia behind a dry cold front.
There will be a mix of sun and clouds with temperatures near 70 degrees.
After lows in the 40s the next couple of mornings, temperatures will recover into the low to mid 70s each day, under a mostly sunny sky.
The next front will move in late Friday into Saturday, with a return to near average temperatures this weekend, but it will once again be dry.
Morning lows on Saturday and Sunday will be in the 30s and 40s, and highs will be in the mid 60s with a sunny sky.
Have you seen or smelled smoke in metro Atlanta?
Severe Weather Team 2 says behind the front, a lot of smoke has moved into metro Atlanta on the heels of a northwest wind running 10 to 20 mph with higher gusts.
Smoke from the Rough Ridge fire near Dalton, and another fire in Tennessee, is being drawn south.
The smoke will continue throughout the day Wednesday, but as the wind eases off Wednesday night and then shifts directions, expect improving air quality.
What is Severe Weather Team 2 tracking?
- Thick smoke around metro Atlanta from northwest Georgia and Tennessee wildfires
- Cold morning, warm afternoons the next couple of days
- Cold front that brings much cooler air for the weekend
What can you only get my watching Channel 2 Action News?
- Details on the smoke around metro Atlanta, including updated hour-by-hour wind forecast
- Updated hour-by-hour cloud and rain models showing cold front and any impacts from it
- Updated drought information
Cox Media Group