Carbon monoxide sickened several people overnight at a Gwinnett County apartment complex.
It happened at the Vida Apartments off Graves Road in Norcross Monday night. The fire department said the power was out and one of the apartments was using a gas-powered generator.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
A total of 27 patients were evaluated for varying degrees of illness.
Eight patients with reported non-life-threatening illnesses were transported to local hospitals. Most of the eight patients were children.
- Gwinnett police recruit dies after medical emergency during training
- Family mourning loss of man they say was hit and killed by several cars
- Father-daughter duo sentenced for selling $6 million in stolen items online
Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency officials want to remind the community about the use of generators.
Firefighters said generators should run outside at least 20 feet away from windows, doors or vents.
Carbon monoxide alarms should also be installed on every floor of a home.
©2021 Cox Media Group