ATLANTA — As we enter the second week of early voting for the runoff election, there is a new, bigger polling location opening today in Fulton County.
For the first time, Mercedes-Benz Stadium will open its doors for early voting. Fulton voters can go to Mercedes-Benz Stadium until Dec. 30, minus Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The polls are open 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. today, Wednesday and Saturday, Noon-7 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 28-30.
[SPECIAL SECTION: Election 2020]
During the November election and the first week of early voting last week, Fulton voters could cast their ballot at State Farm Arena.
But since the Atlanta Hawks’ NBA season starts this week, Mercedes-Benz Stadium offered to help and Fulton election officials approved the site.
Channel 2 Action News received a tour of the stadium with Fulton County commissioner Robb Pitts and Fulton elections director Richard Barron.
“State Farm Arena averages 2,000 voters per day, we should expect that over the next several days until the 30th. I think with the backdrop here, the setup, how beautiful it is, I think voters are going to have a great experience here,” Barron said.
GEORGIA VOTER GUIDE:
- How to vote by absentee ballot for Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoff elections
- COUNTY-BY-COUNTY: Where can I early vote in north Georgia for the Senate runoff?
- INTERACTIVE MAP: Where can I drop off my absentee ballot in metro Atlanta?
- Meet the candidates running for Georgia’s U.S. Senate Seat: David Perdue vs. Jon Ossoff
- Meet candidates for Georgia’s U.S. Senate Seat: Kelly Loeffler vs. Raphael Warnock