BIBB COUNTY, Ga. — A Georgia family is mourning the death of a woman and her nephew after officials believe they died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
WGXA-TV reports that Nishera Brown, 26, and Nasir Ragin, 15, were found inside their home off Ponce De Leon Avenue Tuesday morning.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones hold WGXA-TV the two family members had just moved into the home a day earlier. The landlord found the two bodies Tuesday.
According to Jones, the victims died after a generator was left turned on inside the home.
“Most of the time incidents like that happen in the winter time, people using generators for heat, not during the hot days we are having,” Jones said.
- Fired DeKalb superintendent says she was “blindsided” by her termination
- Grand jury indicts ex-UGA linebacker Adam Anderson on rape charge
- Car flies over guardrail during deadly street racing crash near Helen
Brown’s mother Parnell Brown told WMAZ-TV that the family moved to Georgia from Philadelphia.
“I just can’t describe the pain because I still don’t think it’s real,” Parnell Brown told the station.
Ragin’s father Charles Brown said his son was his “mini-me.”
“My heart goes to my sister, my heart goes to myself, if I can hold a heart, because it’s cold right now, and that’s just how I feel,” he told WMAZ-TV.
The Bibb County Coroner’s Office is still investigating the death.
©2022 Cox Media Group