It’s important to note that the governor said “I am not reopening these entities for ‘business as usual.’”
You can read President Trump’s guidelines for Reopening America For Business here. Here’s a summary of what can reopen and when.
What businesses are allowed to reopen on Friday April 24?
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Bowling alleys
- Body art studios
- Hair designers
- Nail care artists
- Massage therapists
- Related schools to these professions
Any restrictions to how these businesses reopen?
The governor says these businesses can resume minimum basic operations. Businesses will have to follow strict social distancing guidelines and safety measure including:
- Screening and evaluating workers who exhibit signs of illness, such as a fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, or shortness of breath
- Enhancing sanitation, requiring hand washing
- Providing personal protective equipment wearing masks and gloves,
- Separating work spaces by at least six feet, teleworking if possible and staggering shifts.
- For retailers and service providers, providing for alternative points of sale outside of buildings, including curbside pickup or delivery of products
What businesses are allowed to reopen on Monday April 27?
- Private social clubs
- Dine-in restaurants
What remains closed?
- Amusement Parks
- Live performance venues
What about elective surgeries?
The governor has decided to allow “elective surgeries deemed essential.”
How does this executive order impact places of worships?
Holding in-person services is allowed, but services must follow strict social distancing protocols. The governor’s office says online, call-in, or drive-in services remain the best options to limit exposure.
The office says do not attend religious services if you are not feeling well, have a fever, or have had direct contact with someone who likely has or is confirmed to have COVID-19.
What about the shelter in place order?
The shelter in place order will expire on April 30 at 11:59 p.m. The governor encourages everyone to follow CDC guidelines and remain isolated as much as possible. The governor is asking people who are most susceptible to the virus and medically fragile to remain at home until May 13.
Do stores still have special hours in place?
Yes, many stores have restricted hours for restocking and cleaning. You can find a full list here. The same social distancing rules apply.
© 2020 Cox Media Group