KENNESAW, Ga. — Whataburger fans, rejoice. The company confirmed that its first metro Atlanta location will open next week.
The Kennesaw location will start serving customers on Monday at 11 a.m. at the restaurant at 705 Town Park Lane.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
It will only offer drive-thru service with two lanes but plans to open the dining room and curbside at a later date.
“Our team couldn’t be more excited to make history and open Whataburger’s doors to the Atlanta community, said Johnson. For those visiting us for the very first time, we always recommend starting with the #1, our namesake burger, but you can’t go wrong with any decision when it comes to fresh, made-to-order meals from Whataburger,” operating partner Rydell Johnson said.
- 5 Georgia restaurants ranked among top 100 best places to eat in U.S.
- “I’m still in shock:’ Metro Atlanta city councilman, father coping with murder of daughter
- Chrisleys’ daughter says she will have custody of 2 youngest children after couple goes to prison
Whataburger expects heavy traffic in the area for the opening. The Cobb County Sheriff’s Department will be there to help direct traffic along with private security.
The Kennesaw location is one of many that the popular Texas chain plans to open in Georgia. Currently, the only location operated in the state is located in Thomasville, near the Florida state line.
These additional locations are set to open in 2023:
- 503 Lakeland Plaza, Cumming, Ga. 30040
- SEQ Buford Dr and Exchange Dr, Buford, Ga. 30519
- 3321 Lexington Rd, Athens, Ga. 30605
- 3201 Atlanta Hwy, Athens, Ga. 30606
- 100 Pottery Rd, Commerce, Ga. 30529
- 15 Wallace Blvd, Dawsonville, Ga. 30534
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group