Metro man upset over cold McDonald’s fries arrested after police learn he’s wanted for murder

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — A dispute over cold McDonald’s French fries ended with a police chase and the arrest of a murder suspect out on bond who failed to appear in court.

Channel 2′s Matt Johnson obtained the hour-long body camera footage of police arresting Antoine Sims on Aug. 5.

Kennesaw police responded to the restaurant at 2049 Cobb Parkway after a customer, who identified himself as Sims, said he went inside the store after he received cold French fries and never got a receipt.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

Sims and the manager both told police that they started yelling at each other and both of them called 911. The manager told police he wanted Sims to be removed for criminally trespassing.

When the police showed up, Sims continued to complain about his fries, seemingly forgetting his involvement in a murder four years ago.

Sims faces a murder charge for the 2018 death of a woman found in a burning car -- but he never showed up in court to face the consequences.

The exchange over the cold fries was caught on the officers body-worn camera.

“They’re lukewarm but they’re not hot,” Simms says to the officer. “I just asked if we could get some fresh fries.”

In the body camera footage, one of the officers asks Sims to fill out the paperwork for a criminal trespass notice.

The incident all would have ended with a refund for Sims if the officer had not run his I.D. card.


The video shows Sims asking if he is under arrest and the officer responds no. The officer directs Sims to fill the paperwork over by the car. Sims asks again if he is under arrest and tells police “I’m afraid of y’all sir.”

He admits to the officer that he’s already served three years.

The officer tells Sims he will walk him through the paperwork.

“I know how to fill it out,” Sims responds. “Am I under arrest?”

“Yes, you are,” the officer says.

“I called the police!” Sims shouts.

“Well you shouldn’t do that if you have a warrant,” the officer says.

Sims immediately takes off running.

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

The officer jumps in his car and begins to chase him. During the chase, Kennesaw dispatch tells the officer that Sims had an active warrant for failure to appear for homicide out of Fulton County.

About 20 minutes later, officers locate Sims in the parking lot of an apartment complex. The body camera footage shows officers chase after Sims and one of them deploys his Taser. Sims immediately drops to the ground.

In 2018, Sims was accused of driving a dead woman to a Lawrenceville subdivision and lighting the car on fire while the body was inside.

Johns Creek police told Channel 2 that Adelisa Muratovic, 21, accompanied her boyfriend, Michael Smith, 20, and DeShaun Flournoy, 18, to the Retreat at Johns Creek apartments on Oct. 29, 2018. The group allegedly went to buy marijuana from Sims when gunfire broke out.

Johns Creek police said Muratovic was hit during the exchange of gunfire and died at the scene.

Court records show a judge granted Sims a $275,000 bond in February of this year and he was supposed to enter a final plea deal on July 26.

Police said that they found marijuana ready to distribute in Sims’ car during the McDonald’s incident. Sims was taken to the Cobb County jail, where he’s waiting to be extradited to Fulton County.