ATLANTA — Be alert today as the chance for scattered severe storms isn’t going away Thursday.
Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Jennifer Lopez tracked heavy rain during the AM commute on Channel 2 Action News This Morning.
Lopez says there is a Level 2 out of 5 risk for metro Atlanta of scattered severe storms later today.
“Be alert as we go through the afternoon,” Lopez said.
We’re going over the latest timing and storm threats, LIVE on Channel 2 Action News.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Stronger thunderstorms could develop this afternoon.
- If storms become severe, the main threats are possible damaging wind gusts and large hail.
- A brief, isolated tornado cannot be ruled out.
- Potential for flash flooding; some areas could see up to 2 inches today.
- Weakened chances of showers into Friday
[INTERACTIVE: StormTracker 2HD Radar]
©2022 Cox Media Group