ATLANTA — Braves fans who are still relishing the team’s World Series win will have a chance to see the championship trophy up close.
The Braves are taking the Commissioner’s Trophy on tour in honor of the win and 151 years of Braves baseball.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The tour begins Feb. 15 at Colony Square in Atlanta before it stops at Morehouse versus Tuskegee baseball opener on Feb. 20 at Gresham Park Baseball Complex.
Other locations include:
- March 15: Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians high school baseball opener
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah
- March 27: Georgia Sports Hall of Fame in Macon
- April 15: Jackie Robinson Day in Cairo
- July 9: Braves Country Battles Championship Tournament in Alpharetta.
So far, those are the only locations have been announced, but the Braves is asking for Braves country’s thoughts on where the trophy should go next.
Fans in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina can fill out a form with their unique suggestions on which stops should be included.
The form can be found on the Braves website here. Feb. 1 is the deadline to nominate any locations.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group