FORT GORDON, Ga. — You could be a part of history. The U.S. Army of Cyber Center of Excellence is looking for artists and would-be artists to submit logo designs for the soon-to-be-named Fort Eisenhower.
In Feb. 2022, The federal naming commission recommended changing Fort Gordon to Fort Eisenhower after the former president and five-star general.
The new name is part of a broader effort by the military to confront racial injustice after Congress ordered a comprehensive plan to rename the military posts and hundreds of other federal assets such as roads, buildings, memorials, signs, and landmarks that honored Confederate leaders.
Just this week, Channel 2 Action News reported on the commission’s recommendation to change the names of Lake Lanier and Buford Dam over their ties to Confederate soldiers. There is no word yet on when or if that will happen.
Now, the Army is looking for local artists to design the new logo for what will eventually be Fort Eisenhower.
“We are looking for a creative and unique logo that represents our namesake and our cyberspace environment, multiservice military installation. The winning logo design will be used in various ways to represent our brand and promote our post, to include on our website, in marketing materials, outreach merchandise, social media and signage. Overall, the winning logo will be an essential element of our brand identity, and we will use it to create a consistent and cohesive visual representation of our installation across all platforms,” said Lesli Ellis-Wouters, U.S. Army of Cyber Center of Excellence public affairs director.
- 2 Georgia military bases could get new names
- New names for recommended for Army bases across country, here in Georgia
- Fort Benning and over 1,000 DOD other assets linked to the Confederacy to be renamed
- House passes bill that could rename 2 Georgia military bases
If you’re interested in submitting a logo, these are the guidelines you need to include:
1. The name “Team Eisenhower”
2. Must represent the Cyberspace domain (Signal, Cyber, Electromagnetic Warfare Operations, and Public Affairs)
Logo Artwork Guidelines:
1. Only two submissions per person are allowed.
2. All submissions must be in CMYK color mode.
3. Multicolor logo designs must also work in black and white. (one-color printing)
4. Must be legible in small and large sizes. (example: business card to a billboard)
5. Vector files are preferred and can be submitted in .AI, .PDF or .EPS format for scalability and editing. Raster files must have a minimum resolution of 300 DPI and measure at least 3000 x 3000 pixels (10 x 10 inches) and can be submitted as a transparent .PNG file.
6. The logo and graphic elements within must be original and not infringe on any copyrighted material. (example: no clip art)
7. Must agree to the final product being Fort Eisenhower’s intellectual property.
8. CCoE assumes all rights to the artwork upon submission.
To enter, participants should email their artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. With the subject line “Logo Design Contest Submission.” They must include their full name, contact information and a brief description of their design.
The deadline for submissions is April 29, 2023. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges and receive a prize(s).
For more information, please contact the U.S. Army Cyber Center for Excellence Public Affairs Director, Lesli Ellis-Wouters, at 706-791-7257 or email@example.com.
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2023 Cox Media Group