ATLANTA — Media mogul Tyler Perry is stepping up to help the Atlanta community again, this time he is paying for the funeral of Rayshard Brooks.
In a news conference Monday, Brooks’ family and attorneys held a news conference talking about their loved one who was killed by Atlanta police.
One of the attorneys for the Brooks family, announced that Perry would be paying for the family’s funeral.
Brooks was shot and killed by Atlanta police officers who responded to a Wendy’s drive-thru where the father of 4 was sleeping in his car.
Perry is known for his charitable acts toward people in the community.
Perry paid for the groceries of senior citizens shopping during designated senior hours at 44 Kroger locations throughout Atlanta.
Just days prior, he left a $500 tip for each out-of-work server at Houston’s restaurant on Northside Parkway, totaling $21,000.
FULL RAYSHARD BROOKS COVERAGE:
- Autopsy reveals Rayshard Brooks died from two gunshot wounds to the back
- Rayshard Brooks’ wife says police have destroyed her family
- DA to make decision next week about whether to charge officer in Rayshard Brooks death
- $10,000 reward for information on suspects who started Wendy’s fire
- DA says felony murder charge on table in Rayshard Brooks shooting after ‘unreasonable’ escalation
- PHOTOS: Mourners set up memorial to Rayshard Brooks outside Wendy’s
- Rayshard Brooks: APD releases body camera footage from deadly Wendy’s shooting
- Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigns after shooting death of Rayshard Brooks
- Multiple protests held across metro Atlanta Sunday
- Timeline: Here’s how protests unfolded Saturday night
- PHOTOS: Protesters rally after deadly police shooting near Wendy’s
- Video released of moment man was shot, killed by police outside Atlanta Wendy’s
© 2020 Cox Media Group