ATLANTA — Among the many bombshells in Sunday night’s Oprah interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, we learned that Atlanta’s own Tyler Perry helped the couple during a very difficult time for them.
The couple revealed jaw-dropping revelations, including allegations of racism, feeling “trapped,” the British tabloids and the mental health challenges – including suicidal thoughts – that Meghan faced as a result.
Meghan told Oprah that at one point “I just didn’t want to be alive anymore.” She said she sought help through the palace’s human resources department but was told there was nothing it could do.
During the interview, it was revealed that Perry helped give refuge to the couple at one of his homes in Los Angeles. And he provided more than a home.
According to Harry, when the couple were in Canada, they learned their royal security was going to be removed. Perry offered use of his own security for the couple.
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry interview: 5 revelations from couple’s tell-all with Oprah Winfrey
- UK royals absorb shock of revealing Harry, Meghan interview
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry interview: Celebrities, public figures react to tell-all with Oprah Winfrey
“We didn’t have a plan and we needed a house and he offered security, as well, so it gave us breathing room to try to figure out what we were going to do,” Meghan said.
This is not the first time Perry has come to the rescue. He is known to help anyone, he often calls the Channel 2 Action News newsroom about a person or family going through a rough time. He then offers a very generous donation to help the person in need. This has happened countless times over the years.
Earlier this year, the multi-titled beloved Atlanta resident became a billionaire.
Recently during the pandemic, Perry paid for the groceries of senior citizens shopping during designated senior hours at 44 Kroger locations throughout Atlanta.
Just days prior, he left a $500 tip for each out-of-work server at Houston’s restaurant on Northside Parkway, totaling $21,000.
- Tyler Perry gives out $21k in tips to out-of-work servers at Atlanta restaurant
- Atlanta police pass out $50 gift cards donated by Tyler Perry to community
- Woman’s charity that hands out ‘Love Bags’ to homeless has new van thanks to Tyler Perry
- Tyler Perry uses private plane to deliver supplies to Bahamas after hurricane
- Tyler Perry pays off $400K+ in layaway Christmas presents
- Tyler Perry steps in to help family of woman killed in bank shooting
Cox Media Group