ATLANTA — A record Mega Millions jackpot is now up for grabs and we have a million dollar winner right here in Georgia.
Wednesday, the jackpot jumped to $900 million. It was previously at $868 million after no one matched the winning numbers on Tuesday night.
One ticket purchased in Macon won a $1 million prize.
The winning numbers were: 3, 45, 49, 61, 69 and the Mega Ball is 9.
With the Mega Millions jackpot at its highest ever, thousands of people in Georgia have lined up to buy their tickets.
Channel 2's Lauren Pozen spoke with one person at a local Shell station and she said had a gut feeling to get her tickets.
"I actually saw you guys on Channel 2 this morning and you were broadcasting from here. So I drove all the way from my house to here," Tori Stevens said.
The manager at the Shell station said lines were out the door Tuesday night. He's expecting much of the same until Friday's drawing.
"It's a very blessed place. People win a lot and I think because we sell a lot, we got a chance to sell the winning tickets."
Anyone who buys a ticket will have a chance at a combined $1.3 billion jackpot, with tonight's Powerball drawing now up to $345 million.
You can watch the Powerball drawing here live on Channel 2, just before the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat at 11. On Friday, we will bring you those winning Mega Millions numbers.
MEGA MILLIONS FAST FACTS
- Draw Date: Friday
- Estimated Jackpot Amount: $900 million
- Annuity Amount: Jackpot prize paid out as one immediate payment followed by 29 annual graduated payments
- Cost to Play: $2 per play; additional $1 per play for Megaplier; $3 for Just the Jackpot
- Drawings: 11 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday LIVE on Channel 2
- Overall Odds of Winning Any Prize: Approximately 1:24
- Odds of Winning Jackpot Prize: Approximately 1:302 million
- Date Jackpot Began Rolling: July 27
- Number of Rolls: 24
- Last Winning Jackpot Ticket: July 24, 2018 – $543 million (California)
- #1 Mega Millions Jackpot: March 30, 2012 – $656 million (Illinois, Kansas and Maryland)
POWERBALL FAST FACTS
- Draw Date: Wednesday
- Estimated Jackpot Amount: $345 million
- Annuity Amount: Jackpot prize paid over 29 years in 30 graduated payments
- Cash Option Amount: Approximately $199 million
- Cost to Play: $2 per play; an additional $1 per play to add the Power Play multiplier
- Drawings: 11 p.m. every Wednesday and Saturday LIVE on Channel 2
- Overall Odds of Winning Any Prize: Approximately 1:24.87
- Odds of Winning Jackpot Prize: Approximately 1:292 million
- Date Jackpot Began Rolling: Aug. 15
- Number of Rolls: 18
- Last Winning Jackpot Ticket: Aug. 11, 2018 – $247 million jackpot (New York)
- #1 Powerball Jackpot: Jan. 13, 2016 – $1.586 billion jackpot (California, Florida and Tennessee)
Cox Media Group