Local

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to move back to the UK, media reports say

The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Australia - Day 4 SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 17: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex arrive to meet volunteer first responders from Bondi Surf Bathers' Life Saving Club, during a visit to Bondi Beach, on day four of the royal trip to Australia on April 17, 2026 in Sydney, Australia. Volunteers from the organisation, founded in 1907, played an integral role in protecting beachgoers and saving lives during the terrorist attack at Bondi Beach on December 14. (Photo by Jonathan Brady-Pool/Getty Images) (Pool/Getty Images)

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, who moved away from the U.K. amid family turmoil, will be moving back this fall, according to several media reports.

People and The New York Times are among the news outlets in the U.S. and U.K. that are reporting the couple’s move.

The family will be in place in time for their children Archie, 7, and Lizbet, 5, to start school in the U.K. in September.

The British newspaper The Telegraph says the couple’s children have already been enrolled in school.

The Associated Press said King Charles III was told of the couple’s decision on Sunday, but wasn’t told about it during the couple’s visit to the UK last month.

The couple currently lives in Montecito, California, and according to People’s reports, they plan to keep their California home.

Prince Harry and Markle stepped away from royal duties in 2020. It’s currently not clear if the couple will resume royal duties.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

0