WOODSTOCK, Ga. — The Woodstock police department and the GBI’s Internet Crimes Against Children department conducted an online operation targeting online predators.
During this weeklong undercover chat operation, six suspects were arrested when they arrived at undisclosed locations to meet with what they believed was a girl under the age of 16 for the purposes of having sex.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The six arrested at the scene were:
- Vikash Khandelwal, 37, of Duluth, was arrested for: Child exploitation, criminal attempt child molestation, criminal attempt aggravated child molestation
- Carlos Saldivar, 45, of Marietta, was arrested for: Child exploitation
- Esteban Bianchi, 24, of Marietta, was arrested for: Child exploitation
- Sincere Nelson, 23, of Roswell, was arrested for: Criminal attempt child molestation
- Alfred Villalobos, 21, of Woodstock, was arrested for: Child exploitation, obscene Internet contact with a child, criminal attempt child molestation, criminal attempt aggravated child molestation, criminal attempt aggravated sodomy
Arrested by other agency:
- Brian Travis Cowart, 36, of Cartersville was arrested on warrants for: Child exploitation, computer electronic pornography Child Exploitation Act
The ICAC Task Force Program was created by the Department of Justice to help state and local law enforcement agencies enhance their investigative response to the online sexual exploitation of children. It is comprised of members from the GBI and over 220 affiliated law enforcement agencies and prosecutorial entities throughout the state. Citizens are encouraged to use the Cybertip Line, a national reporting mechanism for cases of child sexual exploitation. Reports may be made 24-hours per day, 7 days per week online at www.cybertipline.com or by calling 1-800-843-5678.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2021 Cox Media Group