ATLANTA — You could own a piece of country music history!
The estate of long-time Georgia resident and country music superstar Kenny Rogers is holding an auction!
You can check out 1,200 lots on the website for Julien’s Auctions in Los Angeles.
The auction goes live in person and online next month.
Items available include awards, clothing, artwork and jewelry.
Some of those items came from Roger’s former Sandy Springs mansion, where he lived from 2012 to 2018.
- Missing Athens mom’s body found burned after she tells daughter ‘they won’t let me go’
- Georgia man to serve 10 years in prison after firing shots into vehicle, killing a 17-year-old girl
- Woman in her 70s killed in hit-and-run along busy Gwinnett County road, police say
Highlights of this auction include:
- Kenny Rogers’ original soloist lead sheets from the hit song “We Are the World” that were signed by all of the members of the supergroup USA for Africa.
- A 2013 CMA Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award.
- A framed “Islands in the Stream” “Gold” Digital Sales Award Commemoration.
- Kenny Rogers’ Sony Alpha a7R II mirrorless digital camera and equipment.
- Kenny’s collection of original celebrity portraits, inscribed by individuals like Michael Jackson, Lucille Ball, Elton John, Elizabeth Taylor, Clint Eastwood and more.
- A letter from Chris Stapleton indicating that he would like to participate in Kenny Rogers’ final performance.
- Two typed letters from Dolly Parton, one speaking about their final performance together, and the other letter ending with the words, “I will always love you.”
- Two groups of all-access passes from Kenny Rogers’ live performances, including ones used during “The Gambler’s Last Deal” tour.
- A stage-used 14k gold and turquoise belt buckle gifted to Kenny Rogers by Steve Wynn.
- Clothing and personal effects from “The Gambler” series (Sony Pictures Television Inc., 1980-1994) including The Gambler II Shirt and Neckerchief and brown trousers, The Gambler V “Brady Hawkes” period waistcoat, and many more.
- A large collection of Kenny Rogers’ stage-worn outfits and wardrobe.
- A 1990 stage-worn three-piece ivory wool custom-made Manuel suit.
- A fan-made “The Gambler” moose stuffed animal.
- Kenny and Wanda Rogers’ personalized wedding goblets.
- A 2015 CMT Artist of a Lifetime Award.
You can read more about the auction HERE.
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group