Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance-Bottoms has issued an executive order to create a $7 million emergency fund to provide assistance to those impacted by COVID-19.
The resources are designated to fund food programs for seniors and kids, and support for small businesses, hourly wage earners and the homeless.
“Our communities are in need of help and we are listening,” said Mayor Bottoms. “This is one step to provide relief and we are going to continue to look for opportunities to help those in need as we go through this together.”
The assistance breaks down as follows:
- $1 million to provide emergency assistance to child food programs
- $1 million to provide emergency assistance to senior food programs
- $1 million to provide emergency assistance to homeless preparedness
- $1.5 million to support small business continuity
- $1 million for the purchase of technology to support the City’s full telework deployment
- $1.5 million to assist hourly wage earners of businesses engaged with the City of Atlanta
© 2020 Cox Media Group