ATLANTA, Ga. — Anyone can register to vote or confirm his or her voter status online through the Georgia secretary of state’s website (www.sos.ga.gov).
If you haven’t already, here are several ways to register:
- Log on to the Georgia secretary of state’s website and, under the elections tab, click “Register to Vote.”
- Download and complete a voter registration application, then mail it in (http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/register_to_vote).
- Contact your local county elections office, public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, schools or other government offices for a mail-in registration form. A list can be found at http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/countyregistrarsindex.asp.
- Check the “voter registration” box when you renew or apply for your driver’s license through the state Department of Driver Services.
- College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S. from their school registrar’s office.
How to check your voting status
- Voters registered in Georgia can look up where to vote on the My Voter Page on the Georgia Secretary of State’s website or by contacting your County Board of Registrar’s Office.