HENRY COUNTY, Ga — Channel 2 Action News has learned that an AT&T employee was electrocuted when a bucket truck came in contact with some powerlines.
The incident happened Tuesday just before noon in the Ellenwood area around the Clark Estates trailer park on Clark Drive.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
AT&T sent a statement to Channel 2 Action News Tuesday evening:
“We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our employee in this tragic accident, and our thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.”
- ‘He shot my arm off!’: Store owner fires shotgun at armed robber
- Man accused of attacking elderly VA patient indicted by grand jury, faces potential 20 years in jail
- ‘I just want y’all to put the guns down:’ Community reacts to shooting at metro shopping center
AT&T said that its crews are working with police in the investigation.
The Henry County fire marshal said the employee was trying to stow the bucket in the bed of the truck when the bucket came into contact with the powerlines.
The worker, who officials say worked for the company for 24 years, has not been identified.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group