GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County elections officials released the findings of the audit of the presidential vote.
The audit did not change the outcome of the election in Gwinnett County and no uncounted ballots were found but the audit revealed the count was higher than the certified results.
[SPECIAL SECTION: Election 2020]
Overall, the audit count is 1,852 higher than the certified results. Here is a breakdown of the increase:
• Trump increase: 948
• Biden increase: 663
• Jorgenson increase: 31
• Valid write-in increase: 210
County elections officials explain that there are many possible factors for the increase, including that some of the write-in ballots were double-counted in the audit process, but that did not change any counts for the presidential election. The remaining increase is likely human error in counting through the audit process.
The hand count audit started Friday, Nov. 13 and wrapped up Tuesday, Nov. 17.
GEORGIA VOTER GUIDE:
- Key Dates for 2020 Runoff Elections in Georgia
- These are the 7 races that are in a runoff in Georgia
- Did you know? You can still register to vote in Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoffs
- How to vote by absentee ballot for Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoff elections
Cox Media Group