FULTON COUNTY, Ga. — At-home COVID-19 testing kits can be hard to find, especially in areas of high-transmission and where negative tests are required to get in.
Fulton County wants to make the tests more accessible to its residents with its “Say Yes! COVID Test” program challenge.
“Children, adolescents, and adults who are not yet fully vaccinated or at high risk need more accessible tools to inform their choices. Free, rapid, self-administered testing will give community members one more way to help reduce the spread of COVID-19,” said Lynn Paxton, MD, MPH, District Health Director with the Fulton County Board of Health. “Anyone can just swab the front of their nose and perform this test in the privacy of their home and have results within 10 minutes.”
Each test kit supports home testing twice a week for two household members.
The county is encouraging people to use the tests twice a week, regardless of symptoms or no symptoms, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- UGA police searching for suspect accused of sexually assaulting woman on campus
- Pfizer says vaccine prompts strong antibody response in children ages 5 to 11
- Food festivals being canceled across the metro because of restaurant staff shortages
Residents who live in certain zip codes can order the tests online for delivery or pick them up at Fulton County Board of Health clinics.
The target zip codes are 30291, 30213, 30268, 30303, 30308, 30311, 30310, 30314, 30312, 30315, 30318, 30331, 30336, 30344, 30354, 30337, 30349, 30363.
The board of health picked the zip codes based on the high COVID-19 rate and lower than average vaccination rates.
The testing challenge will last for at least a month, or until all tests are used. More information about the program can be found here along with ordering form.
Here are also the locations where test kits can be picked up:
● Fulton County Board of Health, 10 Park Place, Atlanta, GA 30303
● Adamsville Regional Health Center, 3700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Atlanta
● College Park Regional Health Center, 1920 John Wesley Avenue, College Park
● Neighborhood Union Health Center, 186 Sunset Ave NW, 404-612-4665
IN OTHER NEWS
©2021 Cox Media Group