COWETA COUNTY, Ga. — A jail nurse has been arrested after deputies said she made a drug deal with an inmate inside the jail.
Coweta County Jail deputies said Shaneika Roberts was caught on surveillance video putting something into the front pocket of an inmate on the jail.
Deputies said they locked down the jail pod where the inmate’s cell is and searched it.
- Georgia 17-year-old riding ATV killed after car hit her into path of deputy’s car, mother says
- Floyd County man said he’d build pools for families, but stole $34K instead, police say
- GA prison gang tried to have guard killed -- but sent hitman to wrong house, GBI says
A K9 was brought in as part of the search and deputies found the following things inside the inmate’s cell:
- A small clear plastic bag with an unknown white powder
- Two small clear plastic bags with non-controlled substance pills
- Three small clear plastic bags containing a white substance field tested to be methamphetamine
- One small clear plastic bag containing a while powdery substance field tested to be fentanyl
- One clear plastic bag containing suspected tobacco
- One clear plastic bag containing several loosely wrapped cigarettes
- Two clear plastic bags containing suspected marijuana
- Additional miscellaneous drug and gambling related paraphernalia
- One handmade shank
Roberts was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and crossing guard lines with contraband.
The Coweta County Sheriff’s Office said additional charges are pending against Roberts, as well as other people involved in the case.
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group