ATLANTA — One of Atlanta’s most popular family attractions that shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic will reopen next week.
The Georgia Aquarium announced members will be able to visit again starting June 13 with the aquarium opening to the general public on June 15.
The aquarium says they have set up a timed ticket system in three blocks: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1 p.m.-4 p.m.; 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Tickets will only be available online and not sold at the aquarium box office.
All guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks or face coverings and masks will be provided at the front gate.
Here is a look at the other safety protocols the aquarium will put into place. The aquarium’s full plan can be found here.
- Limiting the number of guests allowed in the building at a time.
- Capacity will be restricted to a number lower than the CDC recommendation for occupancy and will allow guests to visit the Aquarium while staying an appropriate distance from other guests.
- Guests will require a timed ticket, with three separate time blocks each day: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1 p.m.-4 p.m.; 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- The aquarium will be cleaned, and all guest areas sanitized before and after each time block with hospital grade disinfectant.
- High contact areas of the Aquarium, such as railings, elevator buttons, etc., will be covered in a copper-infused film that reduces the transmission of viruses.
- Throughout the day, staff will continue to clean high touch areas.
- Social distancing is required during your visit; wall and floor signs have been placed throughout the Aquarium and on exhibits with guidance on where to stand and separate groups.
- Upon purchasing a ticket, guests will receive direction to one of two entrances, Orange or Green: signs will direct guests to their designated entrance.
- All team members and guests will go through a contactless temperature scan prior to entering the building.
- Any person exhibiting a fever (temperature of 100.4° or higher) will be rescheduled to visit another day.
- All Georgia Aquarium team members are required to wear a facial covering and we encourage all guests to wear one as well. Masks will be available at our gates for those who might need one.
© 2020 Cox Media Group