ATLANTA — Georgia’s Tourism Bureau has launched a website
with information on evacuation routes, shelters, lodging vacancies and more.
Availability at lodging and shelters will be updated every two hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
There is a strong probability of storm surge and power outages along the length of the Georgia coast.
There are few, if any lodging options south of Macon. The Georgia Tourism Bureau is encouraging visitors to head to the north Georgia mountain area, and away from major Interstates. Lodging is quickly becoming extremely limited across the state including areas south of Atlanta.
- New track shows Hurricane Matthew moving closer to Georgia coast
- Hurricane Matthew: How to help
- Evacuation zone maps, emergency links for Hurricane Matthew
- Hurricane Matthew: 9 things to do for your family's hurricane plan
- LSU at Florida game postponed as Hurricane Matthew nears
Cox Media Group