GEORGIA — Three additional cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Georgia, Governor Brian Kemp says.
Kemp announced Saturday that one person is from Cobb County and recently returned from Italy. They are isolated at home.
The second person is from Fulton County and is hospitalized.
A third person, a 46-year-old woman in Floyd County who was “preliminarily” confirmed, has also been confirmed as having coronavirus, Kemp said.
Testing is underway on a possible additional case in Gwinnett County.
This makes five people total who have the coronavirus in Georgia.
Stay with Channel 2 Action News as we work to learn details about the patients and their conditions.
Kemp announced on Monday that there were two cases of coronavirus in Fulton County. The patients are a father and son who traveled to Italy before getting sick.
They are currently being kept inside their home with family to help isolate the virus.
[INTERACTIVE MAP: How many people in the US have coronavirus?]
The governor told residents Monday that there is no reason to panic about the announcement.
"Georgians should remain calm. We were ready for today. We have been preparing for weeks now and so far, every development has come forward just as we expected it would," Kemp said on Monday.
© 2020 Cox Media Group