ATLANTA — The mystery of which Georgia locations sold the lucky $1 million tickets on Wednesday has been solved.
Although no one won the jackpot, 16 tickets matched all five white balls, including two tickets in Georgia.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Where were the winning tickets purchased? A Publix store in Brunswick sold one of the tickets, but the second one wasn’t bought in person.
Instead, the winner purchased it through the Georgia Lottery mobile app.
- Nobody won: Powerball jackpot rises to near-record $1.5 billion
- Winning over a billion dollars could come with some pitfalls, Atlanta lottery players say
- How much money will you get after taxes if you win the Powerball jackpot?
There are different rules for claiming the prizes if you purchased a ticket in-person versus the mobile app. The Georgia Lottery website shows online winners have up to 180 days to claim their ticket. In-person ticket buyers have until 90 days after the expired date listed on the ticket.
Here’s where the other big winners purchased their $100,000 and $50,000 prizes.
- Raceway, 4421 Victory Drive, Columbus, Georgia 31903
- One ticket purchased online
- Airway Shell, 294 Crossroads Pkwy, Savannah, Georgia 31408
- DSJ Fuel Centers LLC, 153 US Hwy 27 Bypass, Bremen, Georgia 30110
- Exxon Food Mart, 3170 Millerfield Road, Macon, Georgia 31211
- My Candy Shoppe, 1960 Lexington Road,Athens, Georgia 30605
- Quick Stop #0100, 108 Shipyard Road, Savannah, Georgia 31406
- Walmart #5815, 2909 Austell Road. SW Ste 100, Marietta, Georgia 30008
- Stop N Shop, 9029 Hwy 29 South, Hull, Georgia 30646
- Publix Super Market #1078, 930 New Hope Road, Lawrenceville, Georgia 30045
©2022 Cox Media Group