Georgia Tech released its 2022 schedule Monday night and it starts off with a bang.
The Yellow Jackets open the season with “Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium” game against one of the rivals. The Georgia Tech-Clemson rivalry will take place on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 5.
A look at the rest of the schedule and Tech fans will spot home conference games against Duke, Virginia and Miami. Tech will go on the road in ACC play to Pittsburgh, Florida State, Virginia Tech and North Carolina.
The slate of non-conference opponents includes Western Carolina, Ole Miss, UCF and rival Georgia to end the season. Kickoff times and TV schedule will be announced for the first three games in the spring.
Nine opponents on Tech’s schedule earned bowl eligibility last season and five won at least nine games during the season.
Georgia Tech finished the 2021 season with its third straight 3-9 record.
Season tickets can be renewed starting Feb. 10 and new season ticket holders can purchase them Feb. 23. Georgia Tech opens spring practice on Feb. 22 with the White vs. Gold spring game set for March 17.
Here is the complete schedule with home games in bold.
- Monday, Sept. 5 – Clemson (Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium/Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game)
- Saturday, Sept. 10 – Western Carolina (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
- Saturday, Sept. 17 – Ole Miss (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
- Saturday, Sept. 24 – at UCF (Orlando, Fla.)
- Saturday, Oct. 1 – at Pitt (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Saturday, Oct. 8 – Duke (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
- Thursday, Oct. 20 – Virginia (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
- Saturday, Oct. 29 – at Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
- Saturday, Nov. 5 – at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Va.)
- Saturday, Nov. 12 – Miami (Fla.) (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
- Saturday, Nov. 19 – at North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
- Saturday, Nov. 26 – at Georgia (Athens, Ga.)
©2022 Cox Media Group