Jay Leno released from hospital after car fire

LOS ANGELES — Comedian and former late-night talk show host Jay Leno was released from a hospital, 10 days after he was admitted with severe burns from a gasoline fire.

>> Read more trending news

Leno was injured on Nov. 14, when flames came out of the exhaust of one of his cars in a garage where he stores his vehicles.

On Monday, hospital officials told KTTV that Leno was released from the hospital after receiving treatment for second- and third-degree burns. Leno suffered burns to his hands, face and chest.

Leno underwent surgery at the Grossman Burn Center on Wednesday, and received treatments that included high-pressure oxygen therapy to stimulate healing and prevent the burns from worsening, The Associated Press reported.

“I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” Dr. Peter Grossman told KNBC in a statement announcing Leno’s release.

In a photo obtained by KABC, Leno was seen thanking hospital staff before leaving. Burn scars were visible on the left side of his face and neck.

“Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all the well wishes,” the hospital said in a statement to KABC. “He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”

Leno had been scheduled to perform a private standup show on Sunday, but was forced to cancel the appearance after he was injured, as we previously reported.

Leno hosted NBC’s “The Tonight Show” from 1992-2009, and again from 2010-2014. He is the current host of “Jay Leno’s Garage” on CNBC and hosts the quiz show, “You Bet Your Life.”