ATHENS, Ga. — The Georgia Bulldogs defended their national championship with a dominant win over the TCU Horned Frogs in the College Football Playoff National Championship.
It is the first time a program has won back-to-back titles in the playoff era.
The celebrations stretched from SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California to the streets of downtown Athens and it won’t stop any time soon. Georgia Bulldogs’ parade and special ceremony will take place on Saturday.
The parade will begin at 12:30 p.m. followed by the Dawg Walk at 1 p.m. and special program inside Sanford Stadium at 2 p.m.
Channel 2 is the official TV partner of the Georgia Bulldogs and will have live programing starting with Bulldogs Gameday leading up through the parade and ceremony. We will be the ONLY station allowed inside Sanford Stadium.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE
The parade will go down Lumpkin Street to Sanford Stadium. Due to ongoing construction on the South side of Sanford Stadium, there will be several changes from last year’s championship celebration:
- Dawg Walk will begin at the Baxter Street extension and proceed thru the Tate Student Center Plaza.
- Entry for this event will be through gates 1,2,3, 4, 4A and 5 only.
- Seating in the stadium will be limited to the West, East, and North stands only, in addition to reserved seating on the field.
All regular gameday procedures will be followed with campus opening up to visitors on Saturday at 7 a.m.
Parking will be available on a first-come-first-served basis throughout campus with the exception of Tate Center Deck, Reed Hall, Psychology-Journalism, Railroad, East Campus Road, Legion, and Stem Deck parking lots.
- CHAMPS AGAIN! No. 1 Georgia becomes 1st team in playoff era to win back-to-back national titles
- Georgians react to UGA winning 2023 National Championship
- Georgia dominated scoreboard, statistics in convincing CFP title game victory
As the official station of the Georgia Bulldogs, WSB-TV provides the most comprehensive Georgia sports coverage each week as part of its partnership with the University of Georgia Athletic Association.
“Bulldogs Game Day” airs every Saturday at 11 a.m. on Channel 2. It also streams on WSB Now, a 24/7 programming channel available in the WSB-TV app on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
During football season, the focus of “Bulldogs Game Day” turns to the football team’s preparation to play each Saturday. Outside of football season, the show focuses on other UGA teams and student athletes.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group