PUTNAM COUNTY, Ga. — The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has released more information about a deadly plane crash near Lake Oconee.
Investigators said a twin-engine Piper 31-T Cheyanne plane crashed shortly after 3 p.m. off Tanyard Road, about 6 miles northeast of Eatonton.
- APD officer charged in Tasing of students also tied to death of man shot 76 times by police
- Protesters leave downtown with little issues following 8 p.m. curfew Friday
- Next stimulus: What is a payroll tax cut and how much money would it mean to you?
Deputies said there was some type of explosion in the plane, and it spiraled to the ground. Five members of the same family, including two children, died in the crash, according to the sheriff’s office.
Multiple people posted a video on Facebook that showed the small plane in flames as it spiraled out of control.
Here are the identities of those killed in the wreck:
- Larry Ray Pruitt, 67, of Morriston, Florida.
- Shawn Charles Lamont, 41, of Gainesville, Florida.
- Jody Rae Lamont, 43, of Gainesville, Florida., wife of Shawn Lamont and daughter of Larry Pruitt.
- Jayce Lamont, 6, son of Shawn and Jody Lamont.
- Alice Lamont, 4, daughter of Shawn and Jody Lamont.
The family was flying from Williston, Florida, to Newcastle, Indiana, to attend a funeral.
The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board have been notified of the crash, and the FAA is expected to arrive at the crash site Saturday morning.