More severe weather is ahead for north Georgia after a devastating tornado destroyed multiple homes in Troup County Sunday morning.
Severe Weather Team 2 Chief Meteorologist Brad Nitz says the risk overnight Sunday into Monday morning includes the possibility of more isolated tornadoes.
[INTERACTIVE: StormTracker 2HD Radar]
Here’s what you need to know for Sunday and Monday.
- There is a Level 2 out of 5 risk for severe storms areas south of I-20.
- Areas north of I-20 are under a Level 1 out of 5 risk.
- An additional one to three inches of heavy rain possible and isolated flooding south of I-20, a flood watch is in effect.
- Possible brief spin-up tornado and hail
- The storm threat will continue overnight but diminish by mid-morning Monday.
©2022 Cox Media Group