Local

Stockbridge mayor denies misconduct accusations; report shows suggestive texts with 18-year-old

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. — Newly obtained police records reveal sexually suggestive text exchanges between Stockbridge Mayor Jayden Williams and an 18-year-old. The 18-year-old told investigators he met the mayor through a mentorship program.

Channel 2’s Ashli Lincoln exclusively obtained the police report, which concluded there was no evidence of criminal activity because the individual involved was an adult under Georgia law.

However, investigators wrote that the communications and mentorship relationship raised “ethical and professional concerns.”

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

The allegations surfaced during testimony Thursday in a civil case filed by Williams against the city after city officials revoked some of his mayoral privileges.

During the hearing, Stockbridge Councilwoman LaKeshia Gantt testified that city leaders first learned of the allegations during a July executive session after reviewing a police report connected to a February burglary investigation involving an 18-year-old suspect.

“We had information that Jayden had sexual contact with an 11th-grade male,” Gantt testified.

Williams’ attorneys attempted to portray Gantt as biased against the mayor, citing emails, social media posts and communications she made regarding the allegations. Gantt testified she sought to address the matter privately.

“I tried to keep Jayden from being embarrassed,” she said.

According to the police report, investigators interviewed the 18-year-old at Eagle’s Landing High School. The teen told officers he was involved in Williams’ mentorship program and asked to send the mayor a message before authorities seized his cellphone. He acknowledge that while 18 years old, he was in the 11th grade at the time.

After obtaining a search warrant, investigators reviewed text messages exchanged between the two beginning in December 2025, months before Williams was sworn into office but after he was elected mayor in November at the age of 22.

The report states that in one message Williams asked about the teen’s sexual orientation.

In another, Williams wrote, “Oh, you just turned 18 — lawddd — you are little young for me,” and added, “This better stay between us too.”

The 18-year-old responded that disclosure would not be good for Williams’ public image, writing, “I wouldn’t do anything like that to you.”

Investigators also documented a dispute between the two in late December. According to the report, the teen wrote, “I don’t think you realize I could really (expletive) it all up for you.”

Williams allegedly responded that it would not be wise for either of them if details of their relationship became public and warned that such actions could harm the teen’s future.

The report further states that the teen expressed interest in both participating in the mentorship program and becoming “friends with benefits” with Williams.

Investigators noted the messages suggested a personal relationship but concluded they did not establish criminal conduct.

Police records also indicate the 18-year-old told investigators that he and Williams exchanged nude photographs. The report does not indicate that any criminal charges were pursued.

Investigators wrote that because the individual was legally an adult, no criminal violations were identified. However, the report states that “the nature of the communications and the mentorship relationship raises ethical concerns.”

Williams has denied wrongdoing.

“I believe the allegations are simply allegations, and I stand 10 toes down,” Williams told Channel 2 earlier this week.

Williams’ attorney argued that claims involving ethics violations are unfounded because the messages were exchanged before Williams took office as mayor and before any official city mentorship program had been established. Adding no criminal action took place, because he is 18 years old.

The hearing also addressed whether Gantt could participate in a future evidentiary hearing concerning Williams. A judge ultimately ruled that Gantt’s involvement had not violated the mayor’s due process rights and that she could vote in the proceedings.

During Thursday’s hearing, Williams’ grandmother testified that Gantt called and texted her last month and said the mayor faced embarrassing allegations and should step down.

Williams’ grandmother said the conversations happened before the city completed its investigation into the mayor. She also testified that Gantt did not raise concerns about alleged violations involving Williams’ use of a city purchasing card.

A Stockbridge resident also testified that Gantt contacted him after he posted criticism of Gantt and the City Council on social media over its actions against the mayor before the investigation was complete.

The resident said Gantt made multiple claims that the city had damaging evidence against Williams and that he should not remain in office. He testified that Gantt made those claims before the city publicly released evidence from its investigation.

The hearing is part of a civil case Williams filed against the city after his privileges were revoked in July.

The city launched an investigation into Williams’ spending and allegations of sexual misconduct. The mayor has denied wrongdoing.

On Monday, a Henry County judge ordered the city to allow Williams access back into City Hall.

The city’s investigative findings are expected to be released on Saturday, when the evidentiary hearing is scheduled to take place.

Lincoln reached out to the 18-year-old for a request for comment. He has not responded.

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

0