ATLANTA — Family Dollar announced on Sep. 15 that it is initiating a product recall for several Colgate tooth cleaning products.
The company says the recall is because the products were stored outside of the required temperature range.
As of its Sep. 15 news release, Family Dollar says it has not received any consumer complaints or reports of illness related to this recall. This recall is being conducted out of an abundance of caution.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Family Dollar says it notified its affected stores, asking them to check their stock immediately and to quarantine and discontinue the sale of any affected product. Customers who may have bought affected products may return such products to the Family Dollar store where they were purchased without a receipt.
Family Dollar says the products in the recall include:
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE STAIN PREVENTION TOOTHPASTE 2.1OZ
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE CHARCOAL TOOTHPASTE 4.2OZ
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE MOUTHWASH 16 FL OZ
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE HIGH IMPACT TOOTHPASTE 3OZ
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE TOOTHPASTE ICY FRESH 3.2OZ
- COLGATE OPTIC WHITE STAIN FIGHTER TOOTHPASTE CLEAN MNT 4.2OZ
The release says the products were shipped to stores around May 1 through June 22 of this year.
- 1 dead after crash involving tractor-trailer on I-285, police say
- Former President Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn Carter attend 25th annual Peanut Festival parade
- ‘Incident’ between 3 Fulton County inmates leaves 1 dead, deputies say
Customers with questions regarding this recall may contact Family Dollar Customer Service at 844-636-7687 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Family Dollar says customers should contact their physician or health care provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to using these products.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group