Local

Oscar winner for ‘Best Original Song’ appears at meet-and-greet in metro Atlanta

FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — The Oscar winner for Best Original Song “Naatu Naatu” from the blockbuster Indian film “RRR” was in Cumming on Tuesday.

The man who penned the viral sensation, Chandra Bose, did a meet-and-greet with fans just two days after the Oscars.

He said the film and hit song both were in written in Telugu, a regional language in India.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

“Everybody has got a chance to dream about Oscar because this opened the doors. This opened the door to their dreams,” Bose told Channel 2 Action News.

Bose said he wrote 90 percent of “Naatu Naatu” in just 45 minutes, but the other 10 percent took him 19 months.

TRENDING STORIES:

The movie is also a Golden Globe, Critics Choice, Hollywood Critics Association, and Gold Derby Award winner.

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

IN OTHER NEWS: