BLUE RIDGE, Ga. — North Georgia has one of the best apple orchards in America, according to new rankings from USA Today.
The publication ranked the 10 best apple orchards to visit as part of its “10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.” Apple picking is a fall tradition in Georgia.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge is second on the list. USA Today touts the orchard’s U-Pick Apple Event in August through October, a bakery/deli, farm market, and winery.
Mercier is a fourth generation orchard founded in 1943, according to its website.
- Roof collapses at Buckhead Saloon, could be hours before 2-alarm fire is out
- Woman arrested for attacking man with a meat cleaver, Hall County deputies say
- Mother, 2 children identified as victims of fiery crash on Georgia
Mercier Orchards is the only orchard in Georgia that made the list:
- 10: Tougas Family Farm - Northborough, Massachusetts
- 9: Jaswell’s Farm - Smithfield, Rhode Island
- 8: Johnson’s Corner Farm - Medford, New Jersey
- 7: Sky Top Orchard - Flat Rock, North Carolina
- 6: Libby & Son U-Picks - Limerick, Maine
- 5: Spicer Orchards - Fenton, Michigan
- 4: Deal’s Orchard - Jefferson, Iowa
- 3: Beak and Skiff Apple Orchards - LaFayette, New York
- 2: Mercier Orchards - Blue Ridge, Georgia
- 1: Milburn Orchards - Elkton, Maryland
The only orchard ranked higher is Milburn Orchards in Elkton, MD.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group