ATLANTA — Are you feeling lucky? There’s about a half billion reasons for people to play the Mega Millions lottery game before Friday’s drawing.
After no winners Tuesday night, the Mega Millions jackpot now stands at $515 million, with a cash option of $346.3 million.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawing LIVE on WSB-TV every Tuesday and Friday night at 11 p.m., followed by WSB Tonight.
This is the 8th highest jackpot in Mega Millions history. The jackpot has been rolling since it was last won on February 16.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The winning numbers for Tuesday’s drawing were 3, 5, 56, 61 and 66, plus the gold Mega Ball 4.
Here are some interesting facts about Mega Millions:
- The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are 302,575,350 to 1.
- The largest Mega Millions jackpot won on a single ticket was drawn in October 2018 in South Carolina.
- That prize was worth $1.537 billion, making it the world’s largest lottery prize won on a single ticket.
- Six Mega Millions jackpots have been won on a Friday the 13th.
- There was a jackpot winner in the very first Mega Millions drawing. The drawing on May 17, 2002, resulted in a $28 million winning ticket in Illinois.
- Since the game began in 2002, there have been 194 jackpots won by 219 individual tickets. Twenty of those jackpots have been shared by two or more winning tickets.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
Cox Media Group