FORSYTH COUNTY. Ga. — Storms overnight Tuesday and Wednesday morning dumped heavy rain across north Georgia and led to localized flooding.
Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Brian Monahan says some areas has seen up to five inches of rainfall. An additional 1-2 inches of rain is possible with a flash flood warning in effect for most of metro Atlanta.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Sheriff’s departments have posted roadways that have flooded.
Here is the county-by-county list that Channel 2 has received so far. If you have any reports of flooding or photos, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roads reported as flooded by sheriff’s office: Cass White, Simpson, Spring Place, Old Grassdale, and other roads which commonly flood are reported. Please avoid these areas and if possible or wait until daylight to travel. Several motorist are stranded in flooded vehicles and homes in lower areas are reporting being flooded.
- Bells Ferry Road near Wooten Road is currently shut down due to flooding. Avoid that area please. Use Sixes Road as an alternate.
- Johnson Brady Road is closed at the creek due to flooding. Avoid the area if possible.
- Charlie Bolton Rd will be CLOSED for several days due to flood damage between Smithonia Rd and Lem Edwards Rd. Seek alternate route.
- Olympic Drive between Hancock Industrial Boulevard and Athena Drive is damaged and will be closed for repairs.
- Martin Road westbound is closed at GA 400 due to flooding
- Bettis Tribble Gap at Spot road has a tree blocking the road. Roadway now clear.
- Doc Sam’s Road at Canton Hwy is closed due to flooding.
- Settingdown Circle at Bottoms Road due to flooding
- Castleberry at Majors due to flooding
- Settingdown Road between GA400 and the Hamptons due to flooding
- Buckhead: Flooding on GA-400/nb north of Lenox Road (exit 1) is blocking several lanes.
- Roswell: Westbound HWY 92 (East Crossville Rd) is closed at Mansell Rd. due to flooding. Roswell police said they have already had one vehicle get stuck, and we do not want you to put yourself or anyone else at risk for an avoidable rescue.
- 3435 Old Oakwood Road (in front of Primex Plastics) is closed because part of the roadway is washed out.
- Campbell at Holly Springs Road in the East Hall area has been closed since just before 6 a.m.
- Blackjack Road at Mitchell Creek was closed during the 7 o’clock hour this morning. It should now be passable.
- Standing water on MLK Blvd. in the city of Gainesville made the road impassable just before 6 a.m.
- 2-3 feet of water covered Lakeview Drive at Brenau Point Drive in the city of Gainesville earlier this morning because of an overflowing creek in the area.
- Cliff Dawson at Moss Creek Dr is closed due to road flooding
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
©2022 Cox Media Group