MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — A contraband bust at a Georgia state prison led to the seizure of over 500 grams of marijuana and more than 500 grams of meth.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
On July 3, K-9 officers at Baldwin State Prison intercepted contraband before it made its way into the facility.
- Road rage driver fired 14 shots at man trying to pass him on busy metro highway, deputies say
- Fourth of July shooting: 6 killed, several hurt at Illinois parade, reports say
- Ga. sheriff’s office posts hilarious advice on when it’s OK to call 911 on the 4th
According to Georgia Department of Corrections, officers seized:
- charging blocks
- 2,000-plus grams of tobacco
- 500-plus grams of marijuana
- 500-plus grams of meth
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
It’s unclear if officials made any arrests or if anyone is facing charges. Officials didn’t give an exact location of where the contraband was seized.
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group